Re: [OM] Why Are Digital Cameras Disappearing? - Yahoo! News

Subject: Re: [OM] Why Are Digital Cameras Disappearing? - Yahoo! News
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 21:33:54 +1300

Khen Lim wrote

> Said local photographer Michael Coyne is my brother-in-law. Gets paid for
> what he does. So no surprise he's a tester for Fuji. I also get paid to
> test certain Olympus cameras.
>
> Correction: No 2m dot EVF. Rear LiveView panel is beyond 420K. Yes it
> tilts. It just doesn't swivel. 80d up, 50d down.
>
> And no, Olympus doesn't owe Casio anything.
>
> You guys are sometimes just sad. The pessimism here is thick. Don't reply
> and justify it. I'm out of here.
>
> Sad.

I can understand what Khen is saying.  I've been out of contact with the web
for a few hours, but early this evening caught up with a few items.

It is very clear that Olympus have put a HUGE effort into this camera, and
no doubt Khen has been an important part of this. I think that his heart-felt
response indicates the degree of effort, hope, and enthusiasm he has put
into this very large development.

I did a bit of hacking of an OZ commercial that came my way via my
favourite camera store and FB. There are 12 other video links at the end of
the youtube link here; I just watched the Henry's dot com video and it told
me a bit more. No doubt the other 11 will each have another aspect to
emphasise.

To my surprise this camera will be able to accept both 4/3 lenses as well as
OM Zuiko lenses.

Try these links out.

http://olympusomd.com/en-AU/omd/e-m5/overview/gallery/

http://www.youtube.com/embed/igcMAndmxxI