Re: [OM] Why Are Digital Cameras Disappearing? - Yahoo! News

Subject: Re: [OM] Why Are Digital Cameras Disappearing? - Yahoo! News
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 06:56:07 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

> > > To my surprise this camera will be able to accept both
> > > 4/3 lenses as well as OM Zuiko lenses.
> > >

> >      That is a worthwhile step in the right direction.
>
> All micro-4/3 cameras can take 4/3s lenses and OM lenses
> with adapters. I don't think there's anything new in this
> regard with the OM-D.

     Yes, I know that.  They can also take M42, Pentax K, Nikon F/AI, and
Minolta MC/MD.  If Olympus is advertising this as being able to use OM manual
lenses, does that mean that their adapter includes the aperture reading and
actuation functions, or is it merely the usual passive adapter with a marketing
ploy thrown in?

Chris