Re: [OM] Why Are Digital Cameras Disappearing? - Yahoo! News

Subject: Re: [OM] Why Are Digital Cameras Disappearing? - Yahoo! News
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 15:48:41 -0600
> We'll find out tomorrow. I'm guessing a more SLR style mFT body with the 16mp
> Panny sensor and built in 1.4m dot viewfinder, perhaps 2m. Being Olympus, the
> rear LCD won't be HD enough - perhaps 420K when everyone else is about to go
> to 1.2 million - and won't tilt.
> Hoping hard but preparing for disappointment.

We never buy Olympus cameras for the specifications. They're never
fast enough, clean enough, large enough or just plain enough. We buy
Olympus cameras for the brilliant little bits of engineering genius.
The handling. The experience. All areas where the E-Pens fell down and
left us wanting more--it just wasn't enough.

Rumor has it that it's the 16MP sensor. YES! Way to break from the
12MP mold. Olympus must have finally paid their bill to Panasonic.
Shame that they couldn't upgrade the displays. Must owe Casio too much
money. ;)

The modular aspect of this camera is what really makes it interesting.
Otherwise, we're better off just buying a 60D.

AG