[OM] E-1 pixels count [roaming far from Sagelight editor]

Subject: [OM] E-1 pixels count [roaming far from Sagelight editor]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 22:34:00 -0800
On 1/23/2012 2:59 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
>> I agree, things come and go very rapidly these days, but the E-1 just
>> soldiers on.
> It's a shame the thing is so overbuilt. The sensor went obsolete long
> before the camera will.

I meant to reply to a post of yours a while ago about Jim's E-1 images.
something to the effect that it was still fine
for what he was doing.

I didn't quite agree. The full frame images at web size are fine. But the big
crops of the Telyt-R 250/4 bird shots have
some shortcomings even at that size that I think are traceable to simply too
few pixels, especially if even minimal
editing enhancement is applied.

Detail just sort of mushed out in feathers and 'funny' (technical term) edges
on what detail there is. The same shots
made with a sensor with a lot more pixels would be nicer, all other things
being equal.

Moose d'Opinion