Re: [OM] Sagelight editor

Subject: Re: [OM] Sagelight editor
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 10:05:43 -0600
> Wait until you see LR 4. The beta is out now and it's got some bodacious new
> stuff. Or improved stuff. I think for the first time LR may be in range of
> being a stand-alone piece, unless you do composite worker just have to have
> that layered look. <g>

I completely agree. I've snooped at the LR 4 beta already and am very
impressed. I'm still thinking that the spot editing is a little
kludgy. Moving pixels around is still better done in an editor, but
honestly at this point I think most photographers would be hard
pressed to justify even bothering with upgrading to the latest version
of Photoshop. Well, there is that print-driver thang, but you get the
point.

Layers is an editing feature that basically accomplishes what all
those sliders and controls do natively within Lightroom. Why create a
layer for a gradient when you have a gradient slider already?

Definitely a winner of a program. Performance has increased too. I am
still a little bothered by what appears to be an 8-bit interactive
editing environment (which has no affect on the final 16-bit
conversion), but each version of Lightroom is a major enhancement and
almost an all new program.

Yup. It's 2012. The world is ending. I just praised Adobe.

AG