Re: [OM] Bibble=>AfterShot [was Sagelight editor]

Subject: Re: [OM] Bibble=>AfterShot [was Sagelight editor]
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 09:08:11 -0600
> "AHD to EAHD to HPHD to VNG4"?  Sorry, haven't a clue what those are.

Demoisacing methods. It all has to do with how the pixels are combined
to get the color and brightness information. Some use just three
pixels, some use four, some step by two, others recalculate for each
position. Some replace pixel date, others generate a new pixel at the
intersection.

> I'd much prefer that the camera manufacturers give me an explicit
> metering option to avoid blown highlights on any channel if I so choose.
> Teeny tiny histograms in bright sun don't quite cut it.

You need to get yourself a Sekonic handheld flash/ambient/spot meter.

AG