Re: [OM] Sagelight

Subject: Re: [OM] Sagelight
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 15:10:14 +1300
My first impressions of Sagelight Image Editor v4 are that most of the
"normal" image editing functions can be done with FastStone Image Viewer
more quickly and easily.

Might be better for RAW files than other programs I have on this machine.
I will try it soon when I find the directories where my few RAW files reside.

Guess what program I'll use for that? The low-overhead FastStone Image
Viewer.

FastStone Image Viewer does a MUCH better job of keeping the menus
right out of the way. They are in fact invisible until the mouse pointer hits
the
LHS, or until you right-click the mouse anywhere on the image away from
the margins. Consequently, the user of FastStone Image Viewer has a
better view of the image.

I have only 500MB RAM on this machine and need 1 GB for some advanced
functions that could be of interest.

BTW, having got (I think) a slightly better understanding of the registration
process, I have sent off my receipt/transaction number. That should do the
trick. According to what they write, registration could take 2 - 3 days.

Brian Swale.