Re: [OM] Yeah, I think I'm in love

Subject: Re: [OM] Yeah, I think I'm in love
From: Dawid Loubser <dawid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 15:23:32 +0200
On 10 Jan 2012, at 3:04 PM, Frank Wijsmuller wrote:

> The Fuji is not too small either, I'd expect to find a full frame
> sensor in
> this body size...
>
> But I don't dislike the looks of the camera, it sure looks serious ;-)
>
> Best, Frank.

Yeah, unfortunately it's the same size as a Leica M9! See:
http://www.dpreview.com/previews/fujifilmxpro1/images/sbsm9p.jpg

Still... You have what will undoubtedly be superiour sensor performance
(no AA filter, but none of the M9's moire artifacts, leagues-ahead
signal
to noise ratio (even the X100 sensor is much better than the M9's),
almost
the same resolution (16MP is good enough for me for sure)...

I would be surprised if the Fuji is not much more durable, I have
heard too many
horror stories of Leica M8s / M9s dying from a bit of rain, etc.

And... At less than one third of the cost! Leica better have something
darn
impressive to show very soon, if they don't want their lunch soundly
eaten.

regards,
Dawid