Re: [OM] Yeah, I think I'm in love

Subject: Re: [OM] Yeah, I think I'm in love
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 10:04:05 -0600
For me, what this all means is that I no longer need to worry at all
about Olympus and their digital direction or even existance. Between
Sony, Panasonic, Fuji and Canon, I've got numerous options for
mounting OM Zuikos. Each brand has staked out a particular style of
interface. I get to choose which one fits me best.

If Olympus pulls a rabbit out of the hat, then great, but frankly, I'm
not holding out any hope. Also, at this point, with their continued
trend of abanding systems, I'm not really willing to send them any
more money unless it would be on the front-end of the system and I can
expect it to be dead in 8 years.

The Fuji looks the stuff, that's for sure. I know I would like it for
the same reasons I like the DMC-L1 and the OM system. It too will
probably be dead in 8 years (along with the Sony).

If Fuji puts in some of the features of the S5 for studio photography
(code reader), I can imagine this camera rocking the pro world. I
could see myself shooting weddings with a pair of these and a set of
lenses. Just need a couple of wireless triggers for off-camera flash.

MEMO TO OLYMPUS: The OM system did not have a PASM dial.

AG