Re: [OM] Pentax K Mount Adapters

Subject: Re: [OM] Pentax K Mount Adapters
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 20:18:45 -0400
I found this K mount Soligor 85-205 on ebay but it doesn't seem to have
any fixed metal bits next the the aperture arm as you've described.
<http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showimage.aspx?gid=375697&image=482093854&images=482093603,482093662,482093721,482093790,482093854&formats=0,0,0,0,0&format=0>

But I think this may be what you're talking about on this Pentax 50/4
macro
<http://www.pentaxanomy.com/ebay/listings/0FC1A4E7-A789-44A1-AC6A-2E0B18BD9942.jpg>

  Note the aperture arm at 1 o'clock and a "fixed metal part" below it.

This Sigma 28mm in K mount seems to have a similar appurtenance but it's
not nearly as long as the Pentax 50's.  Doesn't do the full sweep.
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=160653415976>

Given that not all lenses seem to have it and that they're not all the
same size when they do I suspect that this is nothing but a protector
for the aperture tab when the lens gets set on its hind end.  Just keeps
it from getting bent.

But maybe a Pentax owner can validate my assumption before you get out
the Dremel tool.

Chuck Norcutt