[OM] Pentax K Mount Adapters

Subject: [OM] Pentax K Mount Adapters
From: "Chris Trask" <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 16:02:47 -0700
    Just got my Pentax K mount adapter and tested the Soligor 85-205mm lens.
Everything went fine until I went to take the lens off the body.  It became
jammed, but after a bit of fiddling around with careful steady pressur I
managed to get it off.  Seems that a fixed metal part right next to the
aperture actuator came in contact with the left-most electrical contact on
the body.  They interfere by about 1-2mm.  No real damage done, but I'm not
going to use the lens again until I have the problem remedied.

    Nothing wrong with the lens or the adapter, so there's no reason really
to even try returning them.  Fat chance of that.  I can easily remedy this
by removing the interfering 1-2mm on the metal part.  Question is, what does
this part do on a Pentax body and will removing that bit of material impair
it's function if it is somehow later used on a Pentax?

Chris