Re: [OM] Any scanning suggestions?

Subject: Re: [OM] Any scanning suggestions?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 17:29:38 -0400
I did scan it in color and determined that I can get rid of 95% of the
bothersome reflection by simply deleting the green channel.  However,
the green channel carries much of the luminosity and dropping it makes
the image darker.  Trying to brighten it adds spikes into the histogram.
  I think I'm on to the right solution but I'll have to spend some time
working out the details.

I also tried copying the blue channel and blending in luminosity mode.
That didn't work as I expected or, I should say, PhotoShop didn't work
as expected since it seemed to get stuck.  Might even be a PhotoShop
bug.  I'll have to go back and retry it again later.  But I wish I knew
what it *means* to blend the blue channel's luminosity with the rest of
the image.  I can read the words but am not sure exactly what's
happening under the covers.

Maybe I need to blend the luminosity of the green channel... whatever
that means.

Chuck Norcutt