Re: [OM] Any scanning suggestions?

Subject: Re: [OM] Any scanning suggestions?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 07:29:51 -0400
Thanks, Paul.  I'll look for it.  I hadn't scanned the original in color
because it's B&W and I couldn't see any obvious color cast.  However,
there may very well be some color info in there that can be taken
advantage of.

Color scanning has been useful for some of the B&W prints.  One album
had pages of heavy black paper.  But when the paper got thoroughly
soaked it started bleeding a reddish-purple dye all over the prints.
Scanning in color and desaturating the red channel goes a long way to
fixing it.

Chuck Norcutt