[OM] M42 to OM 4/3 Adapters Revisited Again

Subject: [OM] M42 to OM 4/3 Adapters Revisited Again
From: "Chris Trask" <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 14:10:05 -0700
    I am happy to say that I now have an off-the-shelf M42 to OM 4/3 adapter
that works!

    <<APPLAUSE>>    <<CHEER>>

    This one is 0.265" (6.73mm) thick, and on my Vivitar 55-135mm f/3.5 T4
lens it allows for focusing just slightly beyond infinity.  Also, the
threaded portion is attached to the bayonet portion with three set screws,
so you can adjust the lens position when it is mounted on the camera.  The
two parts fit together snugly with virtually no play.  The threaded portion
is made of aluminum, and the bayonet portion is black anodized hard brass,
so it's a bit on the heavy side.

    This adapter fits the lenses and camera body firmly with no slopiness.
All that's missing is some way of holding the aperture pin down, and with
the 45º chamfer at the bottom of the bayonet portion I can easily machine a
ring that will fit in there and take care of that little problem without
having to modify the T4 and TX adapters.

    I got this adapter from one of those camera accessory outfits in the Far
East, and there are a number of sellers with the exact same part such as
254224726012, 250644062826, 390204477294, 150642486987, and 250604378717.

Chris