Re: [OM] M42 to OM 4/3 Adapters Revisited

Subject: Re: [OM] M42 to OM 4/3 Adapters Revisited
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 08:15:02 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

> > It's now obvious that the problem has not been the thickness
> > of the M42 mount plus adapter, but instead is an internal
> > problem with the 400mm f/6.8 T4 lens.  Now I just need to
> > find out how you adjust the infinity position of the focusing
> > group inside the lens.  This is not a real problem as I also
> > have the 400mm f/5.6 TX version, and it works just fine.
>

> Someone else may want to correct me but I suspect you might
> find a screw under the rubber of the focusing ring that controls
> the position of the focusing ring and infinity stop relative to
> the front lens group. Loosening the screw may allow turning one
> relative to the other then retighten.

     The T4 lenses have machined aluminum control grips, but I will examine the
focusing grip closely to see if there is a screw somewhere.

     According to the parts list and breakdown drawing that I have for the
later 400mm f/5.6 TX, there are three set screws at the bottom end of the
focusing collar that are not concealed by the rubber grip.  And the focusing
control stop appears to be a tab at the top end of that collar.  It's very
likely that the T4 is similar in design.

Chris