Re: [OM] The event I've been waiting for

Subject: Re: [OM] The event I've been waiting for
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2011 01:34:23 -0700
On 9/5/2011 4:08 PM, Alan Wood wrote:
> Unteathered Moose wrote:
>
>> If I could unclip the LCD from the 60D, even with just focus and shoot
>> buttons, I'd be very happy.
>
> Have you tried the EOS Utility software that comes with all EOS cameras?

But of course!, But thanks for the idea, in case I hadn't. I actually first
tried it out in 2004 with my first digicam,
an S110, almost 2 glorious MPs and 2x zoom. Actually a fine camera.

> Use the supplied USB cable to connect the camera to your computer,

And there's the rub. Well, two of them, actually. I don't want to use a whole
computer, or pad. Just something not much
bigger than the articulated LCD, or smart phone, and duplicating the LCD
functions, along with a few duplicate controls.

Second rub, wireless is the real winner, although I'd take wired if it's well
implemented.

> and you can compose and focus the image on your computer, and control the
> camera from the computer.  You can focus Canon lenses from the computer.
>
> It works very well with my Olympus BH-2 and CK2 microscopes, and I am looking
> forward to trying it with Olympus OM macro equipment.  No remote focus with
> Olympus equipment, of course.

Sounds like a perfect application. Have you seen my posted images? Not the same
circumstances. :-)

Moose