Re: [OM] [OT] Win XP networking advice needed

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Win XP networking advice needed
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 20:06:01 -0400
Using admin credentials on both machines allowed use of the "release"
and "renew" commands which did exactly what they were supposed to.
However, the local net is misbehaving exactly as before.

I did try one more local net operation which was to map a directory on
the laptop to a drive letter on the desktop.  You may recall that the
laptop sees the desktop but can't talk to it.  The desktop doesn't even
see that the laptop exists.  When I attempted to map a drive the desktop
complained that it couldn't complete the command since it couldn't find
any network (let alone the laptop that's on the network it couldn't find).

Chuck Norcutt