Re: [OM] donuts in a Zeiss Makro Planar !?

Subject: Re: [OM] donuts in a Zeiss Makro Planar !?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 21:37:36 -0700
On 7/14/2011 9:22 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
> I don't have a problem with the bokeh, but I do have a problem with
> the overall flatness of the image. Oh, for a touch of LCE or localized
> dodging and burning to get the bloom to stand out from the background.
>
> Also, don't mean to be snitty (there's that word again, which means a
> rude clod imposing my own beleifs of what is right, and if you don't
> agree with me you can go pound sand), but the leaf color is off. The
> green is not only inaccurate, but not "wholesome". Excuse me, but it's
> digital green. I KNOW what that color is supposed to be and I KNOW how
> certain films not only capture it, but enhance it. They look like
> plastic flowers to me.

Shoot! I was going to let that one pass, had let it pass. Then you had to speak
up. I probably haven't got the green
quite right, but better, and the image as a whole is much closer to proper
exposure and tonal distribution. Now it looks
like it was shot in the sun - and the bokeh is tamed.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Misc/Tulip.htm>

Moose