Re: [OM] donuts in a Zeiss Makro Planar !?

Subject: Re: [OM] donuts in a Zeiss Makro Planar !?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 09:15:23 -0500
> Shoot! I was going to let that one pass, had let it pass. Then you had to
> speak up. I probably haven't got the green
> quite right, but better, and the image as a whole is much closer to proper
> exposure and tonal distribution. Now it looks
> like it was shot in the sun - and the bokeh is tamed.
> <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Misc/Tulip.htm>

I'd say that the greens are somewhat too bright, but I think what's
bugging me there is that you lifted the exposure of them without
letting the low levels stay low. Inotherwords, just a touch flat. But
the color does look better. But my problem is that I want it to take
on the Velvia look.

You did correct, however, the image to the point where the flower now
sits out in front of the background instead of looking like it's
imbedded in the background. Also, the blurring makes it much more
pleasing too, but disguises the error of that lens' way.

Good job, oh Moose.

AG