Re: [OM] donuts in a Zeiss Makro Planar !?

Subject: Re: [OM] donuts in a Zeiss Makro Planar !?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 11:22:02 -0500
> >> Oh, here is a 50/3.5 image on FM today.
> >> http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/ufiles/28/551028.jpg
> >> Busy bokeh  can work sometimes.

I don't have a problem with the bokeh, but I do have a problem with
the overall flatness of the image. Oh, for a touch of LCE or localized
dodging and burning to get the bloom to stand out from the background.

Also, don't mean to be snitty (there's that word again, which means a
rude clod imposing my own beleifs of what is right, and if you don't
agree with me you can go pound sand), but the leaf color is off. The
green is not only inaccurate, but not "wholesome". Excuse me, but it's
digital green. I KNOW what that color is supposed to be and I KNOW how
certain films not only capture it, but enhance it. They look like
plastic flowers to me.

AG (yellowed Cherrios) Schnozz