Re: [OM] donuts in a Zeiss Makro Planar !?

Subject: Re: [OM] donuts in a Zeiss Makro Planar !?
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 19:20:12 +0200
Hi Fernando and all,

Back from lurk mode, in these days of surprisingly busy summer...

Fernando wrote:
>The bokeh seems odd to me: donuts appear in the OOF background as
>if it was a catadioptric tele.

>Of course, noone at the Flickr group noticed ...

>Do you find this somehow odd (or is it just me?) - if so, how can
>this be explained?
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/jikatu/5918710077/in/contacts/lightbox/><http://www.flickr.com/photos/jikatu/5918710077/in/contacts/lightbox/>

I think it's an unhappy combination of things... first, it's not unusual for
a Macro lens to be somewhat 'overcorrected' on spherical aberration, leading
to ring-like backgroung highlights. And if the picture has been
over-sharpened a bit, those rings may look like in the picture you say.

In other words, if you look closely, unlike those from mirror lenses, these
donuts aren't "hollow", really ;-)

Cheers,
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/jikatu/5918710077/in/contacts/lightbox/>--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)
<http://cjss.sytes.net/>