Re: [OM] IMG: Medieval Merchants House

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Medieval Merchants House
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 18:09:57 +0100
:-)

Years ago, in West Germany during the Cold War, my navigator used to use the
word of his plans.  When perhaps a large concentration of birds or bad weather
rendered impassable part of a route that we were about to fly he would mutter
navigational imprecations and shuffle off muttering, "I'll have to fettle this
route again".

It's a great word, but I suspect that some to**er in the media, probably the
Dirty Digger's Empire, will make it into something else and the ignorant masses
will adopt the new "meaning".

But then perhaps the Empire is Doomed . . .hurrah!

Chris
(with all due sympathy to your son, of course, Andrew)