Re: [OM] any historians on the list ?

Subject: Re: [OM] any historians on the list ?
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 13:13:01 -0400
The Soviet experience is the more relevant one. The US ended up fighting
against and sometimes alongside many of the same people involved in the
resistance against the USSR. Osama bin Laden became a terrorist as a direct
result of his work against the Russians in the 1980s. Ismail Khan, Gulbuddin
Hekmatyar, and Abdul-Rashid Dostum all fought against the Soviets and were
still active as warlords in the new Afghanistan set up by the USA after the
Taliban fell.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography