Re: [OM] getting out of OM

Subject: Re: [OM] getting out of OM
From: Peter Leyssens <peterleyssens@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 04:36:05 +0900 (JST)
Hi Chuck,

> What photography is all about is a very different thing to different
> folks.  I love my DSLR and don't feel in the least "bored" with it.

Of course. My blog post obviously makes a point by trying to put it forward as
the only way.  But I have no intention at all to tell others how to work. I
have noticed how irritating this is first hand on several occasions, so I won't
do that to anybody else.

> I can in no way ever be enthused
> about a Diana.

When looking at a photographic tool, it's very hard to get excited at all. I
used it only once before last week and I had just one shot that wasn't more or
less a complete failure. But that one photo was quite charming !  The reason
why I took it to my brother's wedding party was much more for social reasons
than for photographic ones. But I kind of grew to like it as the party
proceeded. It has an "I can do this" kind of feeling: it is so simple that I
feel like I could build this kind of camera. Me personally, I sometimes really
like understanding the lowest level basics. As a developer, I also got into
machine language. I think I'd love to have a motorcycle and to tinker with it
(Zen & the art of motorcycle maintenance style).

But, as you so rightly say, to each his own.

Peter.