Re: [OM] m43 adapter

Subject: Re: [OM] m43 adapter
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 17:09:23 -0400
When he's focusing to a small aperture he's putting the lens's diaphragm
lever hard up against the fixed position diaphragm control pin on the
adapter.  If that is bent or otherwise mispositioned it could be putting
a lot of stress on the lens's diaphragm lever as it tries to push the
pin back to the position where it should be.

I have no idea what sort of problem that might cause in the lens but I
don't think it's good, especially if the user has a heavy hand.  I don't
think you can diagnose the problem without the particular adapter that
he's using.  The reason you may not see the problem is that the problem
may be caused by that specific adapter.

Chuck Norcutt