Re: [OM] m43 adapter

Subject: Re: [OM] m43 adapter
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 16:17:08 -0400
Thanks for the input.  Yes, I'd guess that Olympus version of the
adapter would have steel front mount, might as well be from OM-1.

Why I asked:  a new customer is using his 90mm f2 Zuiko on an m43
adapter.  He says that when the lens is focused all the way out to 1:2,
  he stops the lens down to any small aperture and then hears a "click"
inside the lens.  When the lens is focused back, the diaphragm ring
turns, but stop down button / tab on back of lens are no longer linked
to the diaphragm.  Customer is in France, lens has been to a repair shop
in Italy several times, now I have it.   I wanted to see if m43 adapter
could be linked to this problem in any way, but all it's doing is
holding the lens stopped down.

So far, lens is not misbehaving, DAMN, I wish it would.  I like it when
the problem is cut and dried.

Again thank you for all the responses.
--
John Hermanson  |   CPS, Inc.