Re: [OM] I'm done with PayPal

Subject: Re: [OM] I'm done with PayPal
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 07:13:31 +1000
That's because they want to force you to use PP, which they now own. They did
attempt to make PP the ONLY payment option except for personal, local pickups -
about a year ago I think and they were trialling it here in AUS. to see if they
could get away with it. There was some strenuous objection and they backed off,
fearful of legal action on restraint of trade I suspect. We can use direct bank
to bank transfer as well for domestic sales and you can put the option and the
bank destination details on your ebay listings, in the check-out procedure.
It's free, but PP is faster.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx