Re: [OM] I'm done with PayPal

Subject: Re: [OM] I'm done with PayPal
From: "Ian Manners" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 11:04:10 +0800 (WST)
Hi George,

> It definitely was a real (attempted) theft. Nothing received was a spoof
> email, they were all the real PP notifications of money transfer. And the
> money  did make it out of my bank account (at least electronically if not
> physically!)  before being rectified BY THE BANK - NOT PayPal 24 hours
later.

Had to check/say it though, many times people are still fooled by
scam/social engineering emails.

Not that easy to check sometimes, one bank here in Aus was using a
totally different domain (contractor) for emailing out bank information.
It's only taken them a couple of years to figure out thats not a good
idea.

> BTW- I have to tell the story of the security breach by the New York
> Yankees that I referred to also.
>
> I have a small season ticket package this year. The Yankees recently
> emailed me an apology explaining that they accidentally included an
attachment
> to an email to several hundred season ticket holders. That attachment
> included  the name, address, and phone numbers of many season ticket
holders, as
> well as what games we have tickets for. They were also patting
themselves on
> the back announcing there was no need for worry since no financial  info
> was included, that info being kept separately by them.

It's a pain moving house isnt it..

Cheers
Ian Manners
If I Warp my computer today, can I add a Transporter Room next week?