[OM] I'm done with PayPal

Subject: [OM] I'm done with PayPal
From: classicvw@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 13:56:00 -0400 (EDT)

 I know you are all internet savvy and hopefully careful with your accounts,
but I just want to relate what happened to me.
At approx 7AM Sunday June 4th, I received three email notifications from PayPal
that they were processing my requests
to send money to an unverified Yahoo address. $310 total. These were time
stamped around 2 AM. I was unable to report
these as fraudulent to PayPal since their customer service didn't start until
10AM local. (First annoyance)
When I did get through to them and notified them that I was certain that I did
not send any money out at 2AM that date,
the only thing they said to me was they would look into it and get back to me
in 10 days with their findings! (Second annoyance)

So I contacted my bank (TD Bank) and asked them if they could intervene. They
couldn't have been nicer or more accomodating. They
stated they would stop anything from going out to PayPal but that I might see
those payments post on Monday morning but they would
be cancelled on Tuesday. It happened exactly like that.

What surprised me though, was the customer service representative said she's
been inundated with similar frauds lately, all involving PayPal.
She advises everyone not to use them any longer. I'm wondering if their site
was hacked or they had some kind of security breach
and passwords revealed? I don't know about you all, but I'm getting sick of all
the security breaches I've received notices about recently.
Just in the past month I also received notices from Citibank and also the NY
Yankees telling me about my personal information being "accidentally"
released. I'm ready to go back to postal money orders and forget credit cards
and eBay ads that require PayPal.
It's not worth all that "convenience" any longer.

And despite it being 12 days since the incident, (remember they said I'd hear
from them in 10 days)
I still have not heard from PayPal regarding the theft, but I did receive a
customer service survey to fill out!
It was properly completed and sent back to them. The balls on those people!

George