Re: [OM] Anybody using Leitax mounts on Nikon?

Subject: Re: [OM] Anybody using Leitax mounts on Nikon?
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 12:05:41 +0100
I have no experience with a D700 or any other OT DSLR, Andrew, but I do have
some experience with dandelions on E bodies.

The trickiest bit is fitting them, which is much easier said than done -
the tricky part is establishing precisely _where_ to fix them (think radial
position, depth, horizon). And from a quick look at the Leitax site, the jig
(caliper, as they call it) is doing most of the work for you. Very
impressive. But I would pay the extra 10 Euro for them to install the chip -
a bargain.

http://www.leitax.com/OlympusOM-lens-for-Nikon-cameras.html

I used a Russian dandelion, and found that the focus confirmation was less
usable than I had hoped, but on the other hand having the FL programmed into
the adaptor makes the EXIF more useful for images made with legacy glass
(just as you plan). I don't think that the results from the Chines
dandelions will be different, but what might make a difference is the size
of the viewfinder screen in the D700, and its suitability for manual focus.
The E-1 was lacking in that area with the standard screens, and fitting a
cut-down 35mm screen incorporating a split-image rangefinder was very
helpful, save that it severely messed up the exposure metering for flash
use.

Piers