Re: [OM] FS - It is time to pay to the piper . . .

Subject: Re: [OM] FS - It is time to pay to the piper . . .
From: "Jeff Keller" <om-list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 08:41:08 -0700
My experience is that the MF Tamron is definitely sharper than the MF Tokina
at the long end. As Moose mentioned it is also significantly heavier. As
much as I prefer the weight of the Tokina, the Tamron is the fast lens I
almost always choose to take with.

My Tamron came without a tripod mount so I put the Olympus tripod mount on
it. The Olympus mount works very well. Later I obtained the Tamron mount but
the Olympus tripod adapter works better. Mike described how little work it
takes to make it work. Tamron sold at least two very similar looking
adapters but one is significantly smaller.

Adding to the trivia ... the foot of the Tokina tripod adapter comes off. I
had to buy one several years ago.

Jeff Keller