Re: [OM] IMG: 10 more film pics now Epson Scan

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: 10 more film pics now Epson Scan
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 15:08:50 +0200
I used to be a big fan of Vuescan back when I shot 35mm film and scanned it
with a Nikon film scanner. I found Vuescan far superior to the Nikon Scan
software. But with the Epson 700, I just could not get Vuescan to work
properly, and on the other hand, the Epson software is fairly complete and easy
to use, as Chuck notes. I do not let it to do any sharpening and make sure that
the scan is rather dull looking (no clipped shadows or highlights), save it as
a 16 bit TIFF file and continue in Photoshop.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain