Re: [OM] IMG: 10 more film pics now Epson Scan

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: 10 more film pics now Epson Scan
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 20:00:25 -0400
Thanks for the tips.  I wasn't aware of the options.  But I did notice
just today that CS5 was opening some JPEG images in PS as 8 bits.  I
don't know why nor what I did to change its behavior except perhaps that
the source of those JPEGs was a CR2 file that had been processed in ACR.

Another real oddity in behavior change happened today which I think is
surely a simple bug.  I was baffled for awhile when the text tool
appeared to stop typing text.  The cursor would move and leave a row of
underscores behind (marking where the text was supposed to be).  After
being totally baffled for about 15 minutes I finally realized that the
foreground color (which has always been black) had somehow been changed
to white and was writing invisible text on the white background.
Changing the color to black again resolved the mystery except the
mystery about how it got changed in the first place.

Chuck Norcutt