Re: [OM] OM to EOS adapter

Subject: Re: [OM] OM to EOS adapter
From: James King <jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 14:23:21 +0000
I have several adapters with emf focus confirmation chips on them.
These chips allow the user to program the focal length of the lens and
the wide open aperture. This has the advantage that the exif info
records the lens details. More importantly you can also adjust the
microfocus value in the adapter to correct for forward or backward
focusing with the focus confirmation. The result is far better and more
consistent focus accuracy using the focus confirmation and is as good if
not better than I can achieve using the focusing screen. I believe, for
the focus confirmation to work accurately, the body actually needs to
know the focal length of the lens. For 5D mark 2 users live view
focusing is also an option.
My 2p worth
James

Companies Act 2006 : http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/companyinfo