Re: [OM] OM to EOS adapter

Subject: Re: [OM] OM to EOS adapter
From: James King <jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 00:39:23 +0000
The emf chip is quite clever, Its main party trick is to provide the
body with the focal length and wide open app of the lens.
Once programmed it retains its data AND it also allows the thumb wheel
on the canon camera to control aperture just like a real canon lens. (of
course there is no linkage so it does not actually effect the lens but
it means that I can meter wide in open manual set the thumb wheel to the
app I am going to shoot at and set the shutter speed. I then manually
stop the lens down to that app by rotating the app ring and the exposure
is spot on and the actual app is recorded in the exif too! Effectively
the emf chip is a very good emulation of a canon af lens
in manual mode. The only problem I did find is that if I use mirror
lock-up on the 5D mark 2 I get a communication error. Mirror lock-up on
the 5d mark 1 works fine.
Regards
James

Companies Act 2006 : http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/companyinfo