Re: [OM] Film scanner

Subject: Re: [OM] Film scanner
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2011 21:05:40 -0800
On 1/8/2011 2:48 PM, Ian Nichols wrote:
> On 8 January 2011 21:53, Moose<olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>> . . . I wouldn't be surprised if the FS2710 could be used under at least 32
>> bit Vista and W7, using ASPI or the Hamrick driver.
> Not W7, AFAIK - no support for any SCSI cards at all.

That only relates to what MS has chosen to include in W7. As Chuck pointed out,
they chose to leave ASPI out of default
XP, but it was easily added. The proper driver should allow any sort of
hardware to run. That's the whole point of
drivers, isn't it?

The VusScan site is silent about the Hamrick driver under W7. I've dropped Ed a
line asking about it.

Moose