Re: [OM] Reminiscing [was: Re: iPhone et al]

Subject: Re: [OM] Reminiscing [was: Re: iPhone et al]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 12:04:09 -0700
On 11/6/2010 11:10 AM, John Hudson wrote:
> That's a strange turn of phrase ".....a ......branch of government......"

Not to anyone who grew up here. That is standard terminology here.

The idea of checks and balances between the three branches of the US
government, Executive, Legislative and Judicial, is
a standard way of viewing the way our Constitution is written and our
government operates. Whether correct, as in a
meaningful description of actual government, or not, it was a clearly stated
intent of those who wrote the Constitution
and is a mainstay of civics education.

Even those who think it doesn't work use the same terminology to talk about it.

> Is the US Supreme Court really a branch of government ?

Before going any further from ignorance, you might want to learn a little more
about your neighbor to the South. A web
search on "branches of US government" will turn up many resources.

Moose