Re: [OM] Reminiscing [was: Re: iPhone et al]

Subject: Re: [OM] Reminiscing [was: Re: iPhone et al]
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 14:18:05 -0500
Well, the USA has kinda a wierd government, but I'm not sure what
other system I'd rather trade it for.

Not slamming Jan, but I'll hop up on my soap box here. What really
grouts my bricks is when some idealistic anti-whatever purist slams,
say, the Republicans but then votes Democrat. Instead of standing up
for their cause, and support the candidate which truly represents
them, they sell themselves out just because you can't have the other
side "win". Frankly, any candidate from the big-two parties isn't
worth the air they consume--although, the exhaled CO2 probably makes
some plants grow greener and may/may not contribute to global warming.

How many times, during the primaries, do people decide what candidate
to support because they think that person can "beat the other side".
It has nothing to do with values, it has everything to do with "can't
let the other side win". So we end up with Bush, McCain, Gore, Kerry
as candidates, not quality people who truly stand for what we believe
in.

AG