Re: [OM] ICC profiles [was romance of film]

Subject: Re: [OM] ICC profiles [was romance of film]
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 16:57:24 -0500

> Sorry, gotta disagree here. Although the results appear similar in
> many/most cases, the technology is fundamentally different.

Well, maybe not. My point is, that when an ICC profile is applied to an
image the file is effectively adjusted with a 3-way (RGB) curves adjustment.
If you twisted and turned the curves for a few hours you'd accomplish the
same result. The ICC profile is just an organized way of accomplishing the
task. But the fact is, both curves adjustment and ICC profiles are applied
post-AD conversion regardless of the camera or scanner used.

Otherwise, I agree with you, but just over-simplified it for the masses.

AG Schnozz