Re: [OM] Live view operation, was: E-thingy body recommendation

Subject: Re: [OM] Live view operation, was: E-thingy body recommendation
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 09:49:45 -0400
I'm not surprised that it's not on your 330 or 410.  The sensor on the
E-3 and I think especially on the E-x20 and E-30 cameras is different
and probably acts much more like a P&S sensor when in live view.  That's
why I was really surprised that the mirror is still flipping up and
down.  With "exposure simulation" the sensor is clearly able to measure
the exposure without needing the normal pentaprism sensors.  With live
view focusing or manual focus it's also clear that the normal AF sensors
in the prism area aren't required either.  Therefore, there's no reason
to lower the mirror.

Chuck Norcutt