Re: [OM] Live view operation, was: E-thingy body recommendation

Subject: Re: [OM] Live view operation, was: E-thingy body recommendation
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 08:28:49 -0400
I just checked the 7D manual (a later camera) and find that the
"metering timer" has a range of 4 seconds to 30 minutes and seems to the
time period during which an automatic autoexposure lock is in place .
After rereading essentially the same wording in the 7D manual as found
in the 5D Mk II I now believe that metering in live view is done
directly off the image sensor just as a P&S camera.  That also implies
that there is never a need to drop the mirror for exposure measurement.
  But, again, none of this stuff is ever explicitly stated.

Chuck Norcutt