Re: [OM] IMG Moose at Dawn??? [was List slow?]

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG Moose at Dawn??? [was List slow?]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 16:18:51 -0700
On 6/25/2010 4:23 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Thanks for the pleasant photo interlude.  I'm always a sucker for pretty
> clouds and fog.

Happy to help out. :-)

> Nice shot of the buck too.  We often get a small herd of 6-12 does and fawns
> bedding down in the back yard or munching things we'd prefer they not eat but
> the bucks manage to stay hidden.

Earlier, just as I had passed a couple of bucks in the fog, I'd realized
that I take the deer around her so much for granted that I don't
photograph them. On the way back, this fellow posed for me so that I
didn't have to anything but roll down the window grab the camera off the
passenger seat, and shoot.

Yet another reminder of why I always try to reset the camera to my
defaults and mount the 28-300 after use. Catching the ephemeral shot is
more likely that way.
> Actually, there are far too many deer here.  I accidentally killed a young
> doe two summers ago just a couple blocks from the house.

I came close a few years ago. Broad daylight and a couple of youngish
ones shot out of the bushes at full speed and across in front of me.

They are all over the place here. Carol still goes crazy when she sees
the tiny, spotted fawns.

I too used to have them bedding down in the back yard, although not so
many at once, and eating things I didn't want eaten both front and back.
I've since tuned the fencing and built a new gate so that none have made
it in for several years.

Fence Them Out Moose