Re: [OM] (OT) Down the rabbit hold

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Down the rabbit hold
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 09:49:19 -0400
Three of them. Wow. I salute you! And I shall enjoy every sandwich, at
least every sandwich I am allowed to have. Unfortunately, while being
held within the institutional bowels, I had visits from a diabetes
educator and a nutritionist. They didn't really tell me anything I
didn't already know, but the circumstances added weight to the
message. <g> And of course the message, part of it anyway, was that I
need to be deducting pounds, not adding them, or even simply
maintaining them.

Didn't seem to matter that my heart was shown to be exemplary and my
exercise capacity just ducky for a man my age. I thought I might take
up a career as a "thumb-in-the-eye" spokesman for McDonald's. "I've
been wolfing down Big Macs for thirty years now and my arteries are
clear, my heart is pure and my wind is exemplary." <wink>

--Bob Whitmire
www.bobwhitmire.com