Re: [OM] OT: THEY WOULD FRIEND EACH OTHER

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: THEY WOULD FRIEND EACH OTHER
From: Paul Laughlin <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 11:43:52 -0700
On 5/25/2010 10:43 AM, Mike Lazzari wrote:

> Yes, the PacNW is crisscrossed with transmission lines. The property the
> R/W crosses can be quite cheap. Reminds me of an enterprising fellow who
> saw the "potential" in that fact. He proceeded to lay out a wire grid
> under the high voltage lines to tap into a free source of power. Of
> course he was quickly buried under a pile of lawyers.

As I understand it, the owner cannot build anything within the right of
way that would interfere with BPA access to the power line and the
towers.  That would include cross fences.  That area makes good pasture,
though.  One upside is that they put in a very nice gate where the right
of way crosses the property line.  As I said, my daughter works for BPA
and does understand all the ramifications involved.
Paul in Portland OR