Re: [OM] OT: THEY WOULD FRIEND EACH OTHER

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: THEY WOULD FRIEND EACH OTHER
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 12:57:01 -0500
> Yes, the PacNW is crisscrossed with transmission lines. The property the
> R/W crosses can be quite cheap. Reminds me of an enterprising fellow who
> saw the "potential" in that fact. He proceeded to lay out a wire grid
> under the high voltage lines to tap into a free source of power. Of
> course he was quickly buried under a pile of lawyers.

There is case law supporting both sides of this one. The problem is,
he made it visible and also probably created a safety hazard.

Reminds me...

A friend of mine (long before Facebook) many years ago used to be the
communications director for one of the nation's largest public
utilities. Near the end of his career there accusations were being
made in the public forum that high-voltage lines were causing
sterilization of men. Well, this opened up an internal investigation
and they found that the guys that worked in the generating plants as
well as the linemen that maintained the high-voltage lines had half
again as many children as the general populace.

AG