Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 22/5/2010: battle of ideas on the T

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 22/5/2010: battle of ideas on the T
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 14:54:27 -0500
> Thanks for that, Ken, even if it is from some foreign dictionary ... :-)

Sorry to disappoint you, but the New World English (NWE) is clearly
superior. We've been able to do away with those worthless "u" letters
in words like "colour".  Ugh, my spell-checker is even grumbling about
that.

Sure, there are some disadvantages to NWE, but OWE (Old World English)
is just so archaic.

However, I guess there is one advantage to OWE--it allows the
Australians to speak without actually moving their lips.

:)

But to be serious for a moment about our languages and spellings. To
my way of thinking, NWE is like the primary colors Yellow, Red and
Blue. With them you can mix and paint any color you want. But OWE is
kinda different in that you don't necessarily have the three
primaries, but you do have the colours you wanted in the first place.

I know, that makes absolutely no sense at all...

AG Schnozz