Re: [OM] IMG: The Backyard Bird Buffet

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: The Backyard Bird Buffet
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 15:36:28 -0400
  Indeed I have Chris; it is mesmerizing. I would imagine the hawks think so
too. I'm not keen on killing them but I understand the sentiment. They are
an aggressive invasive species (although they were introduced over a hundred
years ago) and at the feeder they will drive off all but the bravest bird.
When they are present in number, the only birds I've seen that are not
intimidated are Jays, Grackles and of course the ever pugnacious
Hummingbird (they fear nothing).

Charlie