Re: [OM] qusion re EXTENSION TUBE 65-116mm

Subject: Re: [OM] qusion re EXTENSION TUBE 65-116mm
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 May 2010 13:24:42 -0400
I've never even seen one of these things in the flesh so thought I'd
check the eSIF and instruction book.  At first I thought he was talking
about the tube's *extension lock* which is prominently mentioned many
times throughout the instructions.  But on further reflection I think
he's talking about the mount's body release latch that one finds on
every lens.

Looking at the eSIF photo it appears that the tripod mount may interfere
with trying to fully depress the release latch.  I think I'd prefer to
carry a small tool to do that if that's the problem but it's probably
not a show stopper if you don't go about trying to rotate the tube
relative to the body.  Disabling might also only mean that the spring
and latch button have been removed.  They might still be included as
separate parts with the unit.  If not, JH may be able to provide
replacements.  It might be that any broken 50/1.8 could provide donor
parts as well but the latch in the eSIF photo appears to be extra
tall... but perhaps not tall enough for ease of use.

Chuck Norcutt