Re: [OM] Olympus RM-CB1

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus RM-CB1
From: Ian Nichols <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 14:31:22 +0100
On 2 May 2010 03:51, Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Does anyone have experience, good or bad, with the Olympus RM-CB1 remote
> shutter release?  The once for sale in the US seem very expensive, compared
> to the Asian versions on the auction site.

I thought so too, so bought one of these - ebay item 110407468929.  I
also cut the cable and soldered a 2.5mm stereo jack socket onto the
stub and a plug onto the remaining lead so I could use it for
controlling a Minolta A1 also.  Having done that, it would be fairly
trivial to make an extension to fit between the plug & socket, which
would address Daniel's length issue.

I'd rather do this with a £22 Chinese copy that with the rather more
expensive Oly item, which I can't comment on the quality of.

--
Stand firm for what you believe in, until and unless logic and experience
prove you wrong.  Remember: when the emperor looks naked, the emperor *is*

-Daria Morgendorffer