Re: [OM] Olympus RM-CB1

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus RM-CB1
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 08:35:37 -0400
Jim,

I have one of the genuine ones and use it regularly enough to recommend it
(I have used on both the E-1 and E-3). It has a lock mode for bulb exposures
which I haven't had cause to actually use other than testing that it worked.
As a remote shutter it works exactly as it should with half press and full
press shutter button functions replicated. It even has a little threaded
stud on the back to help stop you from losing the socket cap.

My only complaint would be the length of the cord attached. One of the
things I do with the wired remote is to hand it to the dance teachers I work
with, so that they can control the timing of the shots and I can take care
of the technical side of things. The short length doesn't give me as much
leash as I would like :) . I am training them with their cameras but they
have just transitioned from film to digital and are having difficulty with
latitude issues. They had been leaning *very* hard on the ability of
negative films and minilab scans to save them from massive underexposure
with theater lighting at very low levels (partially my fault as I am also LD
on their productions). Of course I could extend the cord on mine but haven't
got around to it. If I was going to extend it I would likely use Switchcraft
TinyQG  miniature microphone connectors to add in as much as I needed but
still be able to go back to the shorter length.

I seem to recall that I did look at the copies of the remote when I
purchased mine but I wasn't in a hurry so I waited the market out and
snagged one that was listed as for the E-10 with no mention of the E-1, or
if I recall correctly the model number of the release itself.

Dan S.